The purpose of the foundation is to promote scientific research and teaching, especially in the field of natural sciences.
Priority shall be given to research dealing with the fundamentals and applications of laser-matter interactions in physics, chemistry, life-sciences, medicine and art.
In addition, young artists, especially musicians, are to be supported.
Support is to be provided through:
- prizes and scholarships for the promotion of students and young researchers
- supporting research stays at home and abroad,
- inviting foreign academics to give lectures in seminars and colloquia.
How to apply
Candidates all over the world are encouraged to apply. The prize is awarded for excellent research and developments in science and particular efforts in the field of arts. The following information is requested:
- Name and address
- Description of the most essential achievements in relation to the state of the art.
- Two supporting letters of reference
- All required documents must be written in German or in English
- Deadline for applications is the end of January
- Prizes are presented every two years at an award ceremony at the
Johannes Kepler University Linz. It is obligatory to attend the award ceremony.
The organs of the foundation are:
Board of directors:
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr.hc. Dieter W. Bäuerle
Prof. Dr. Josef Schlager
Scientific Advisory Council:
Prof. Dr. Thomas A. Klar, chairman, Institute of Applied Physics,
Johannes Kepler University, Altenberger Straße 69, 4040 Linz, Austria
Prof. Dr. Markus Aspelmeyer, Institute for Quantum Optics, Quantum Nanophysics and Quantum Information, University Vienna
Prof. Dr. Johannes D. Pedarnig, Institute of Applied Physics,
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Prof. Dr. DDr.hc. Niyazi Serdar Sariciftci, Institute of Physical Chemistry and Linz Institute for Organic Solar Cells, Johannes Kepler University
Prof. Dr. Alfred Vogel, Institute of Biomedical Optics, University of Lübeck
Advisory Council for Art:
Prof. Wolfgang Brunner, Mozarteum University Salzburg
Prof. Martin Rummel, Anton Bruckner Private University Linz
Dr. Jörg Jenatschek
Dr. Reinhard Schwarz
Dieter W. Bäuerle-Stiftung für Wissenschaft und Kunst / Dieter W. Bäuerle Foundation
c/o Johannes Kepler University Linz
Institute of Applied Physics
Altenberger Straße 69
4040 Linz, Austria